Thursday 2 January 2014

2/1/2014 - Snowy day in the Village

So. I got up in the dark this morning  (leaving Craig tucked in bed) to head to my new gym here in Whistler to do the 9am pump class... I learned that Pump, is not actually BodyPump - despite the fact that the website has the Les Mills description and everything. I'll go down there on Saturday to see if their class is any different... but from what I saw this morning - there were free weights and kettlebells and definitely not the BodyPump format that I am used to. I don't think they should be advertising it that way - it's pretty deceiving. 

The positive out of signing up to the gym for the month - you have full use of the studio when there are no classes on - and the studio has a wooden floor and mirrors. I envision BodyJam practice in my future.

It was pouring rain this morning in the village - it was bleak, and cold. After I came out of the gym and went down and grabbed some supplies from the Marketplace IGA, I caught the shuttle back to the condo. As we turned onto our street, big fluffy snowflakes started falling in the rain. I pretty much ran from the bus stop into the apartment to wake Craig up to tell him the good news that the snow was falling.

I was starving after breakfast so I cooked us bacon and eggs. It took a week, but we finally had some home cooked Canadian Bacon. Mmm.

Craig decided that it was a good time to get out and test the hot tub. Which he said was "invigorating".

Watched some more trashy television before heading down into Blackcomb to grab some veggies to go with the chicken we bought for dinner.

Craig decided he needed to stock up on his favourite beer. If you're coming to visit, we now have supplies in case you're thirsty.

A fair bit of snow fell in the village today (around 5cm - finally turning some things white, even though it might be gone in the morning) - but according to a lady we spoke to in the laundry room, and some skiiers we passed as they walked into the lobby this afternoon - it was dumping up the mountain today - so depending on how we are both feeling when we wake up in the morning, we may go up and have our first day on the mountain tomorrow.

We'll see. There's plenty of time to get up there - and with fresh snow and huge crowds still around from the holidays I have a feeling that the mountain could be quite busy tomorrow.

Below is a video that I took outside our condo this afternoon as the ground started turning white. Very exciting. We hope that those at home aren't suffering too badly with the ongoing heatwave that we're hearing about. Make sure you get into the air-conditioning this weekend - or go and visit your friends who have pools. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment